On Wed, 2007-08-15 at 21:21 +0530, Rakesh Pandit wrote:
> Try selecting India(You do not have to select from drop down options),
> add it and select it and reboot your X. It will work. :-)

So many thanks friend. This worked after installing India as a whole,
not any subgroup. And all the keyboard layouts are changing as expected.
I did not have to restart X, because all the Hindi things were already
loaded in the system.

Now, please, another help: what is the name of this default Devnagari
layout, and where can I get its layout map?

With Thanks
das