On 30/08/2007, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 29-Aug-07, at 10:53 PM, Ishant Varshney wrote:
>
> > Q. )  i have linux installed  on my system along with winxp
> > but i don't have a lan card so my internet connection is through
> > USB port
>
> does your modem have an ethernet port? if so, it would be worth it to
> buy an ethernet card and connect through that - only a few hundred
> rupees. I have never been able to tune a linux box to connect through
> USB to bsnl

Only a few usb modems work under linux.
http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/ is the best site i have found. They have
list of modem which have reported working/non-working. best of luck,
else KG's advise is best.
Sudev Barar

See you at 'Freed.in - freedom in technology & software' - India's
leading free and open source community event. 28- 29 September 2007,
New Delhi. Entry free, on first come basis. Register at
http://Freed.in