hi Ishant

it looks right now nobody uses dataone on our ilug
so here im just tryin to put some pointers how u can configure urs modem on
linux

for dial-up on linux u need
1  modem driver
     generally came prebuilt in kernel , most probably cdc_acm module
    to check connect urs modem in linux then check log mesg
$dmesg
   if a new Modem device is detected then yours modem driver is loaded

2: ppp module
      i hope in general distros like fedora , suse etc this will also be
pre-compiled
   chech in bin dir (generally /usr/sbin)  and other more helpful ppp
configuration binaries like ppp-config and wvdial

to configure wvdial or ppp you need to know following things

i : user name and password
2 : connection speed
3: any initialisation string

u can post these values here ( i guess user XXXX and password XXXX will do
so other two things :)
if u need more help . any of us can write a script once u put things

u can always do some googling that gives fastest and best results  ;)
On 8/31/07, Kenneth Gonsalves <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 31-Aug-07, at 1:42 AM, Gora Mohanty wrote:
>
> > You are quite unlikely to get any kind of a response, as you give
> > people almost nothing to try and help you with. Please do not take
> > it otherwise, but it might help to read Eric Raymond's write-up on
> > this issue, at http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html .
>
> cmon - he has given sufficient material. BSNL dataone through USB -
> which distro supports it? AFAIK none - and he has been answered also.
>

> > At the minimum, you will need to describe what Linux distribution
> > you used, what kind of modem you have (manufacturer, model no.,
> > etc.), and what have you tried, and what the error messages, if
> > any were. Incidentally, searching Google is quite likely to lead
> > you to helpful material.
>
> not necessary - see above (before answering a thread, please look at
> all the other answers first) The question this thread has reached is:
> has anyone done a USB connection from linux to dataone?
>

> --
> regards
>
> Kenneth Gonsalves
> Associate, NRC-FOSS
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> http://nrcfosshelpline.in/web/

asif

friendly mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]    rest: /dev/null