Hi,

----- On 8/30/07, Deepank Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| But I do not think that it will be a right idea to get students into
| legal details of open-source as although it makes up a great topic to
| hear to for a 3rd or a 4th year student, a 1st year may feel lost in
| the talk.
\--

Actually, you should. But, it should be addressed in a way that is
applicable to students.

1. They need to understand what licenses and copyright are. Why it is
copyright infringement if they copy their senior's final year thesis
or copy text from books without quoting any references, and submit it
as their final year project thesis. Also, the relevance to software
licenses, and use of GPL, and documentation licenses like FDL, CC etc.
in FOSS projects.

2. But, it should be made as a brief talk, just emphasizing what they
should know, so they understand the importance of it and its
implications.

SK

--
Shakthi Kannan