On 07-Oct-07, at 10:47 AM, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:

> If it is a distribution specific issue, you are practised enough to
> file
> a distribution bug along side filing one upstream. Additionally, there
> is a Mozilla Project Day at foss.in/2007 - do raise these issues there
> ie if you still want to see Firefox as a browser comparable to if not
> better than Konqueror.

it is not distro specific - I have seen the same problem in firefox
on mandriva2007, Ubuntu 6.10, and on a Mac. On all these three
platforms konq (on linux) and safari (on mac) render perfectly. And
so does *every* single other application on these platforms. I have
no doubt that FF can render properly - I remember some years back
spending about 2 weeks getting the latest pango on my desktop - which
meant upgrading practically everything and then compiling firefox
with pango support and getting it to rend the fonts. I find in etch,
fc6 and above and in ubuntu 7.x, it renders ok by default.
Interesting to see if doze version does the rendering by default.
Anyway, now I automatically use konq for indic rendering, so I have
no problem.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves