On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 17:03 +0530, Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:
> On 03-Oct-07, at 1:44 PM, Ajay Kumar wrote:
>
> > Type "about:buildconfig" without the quotes in firefox's address box.
> > You will see something like the following, and would need to check for
> > the --enable-pango flag.
>
> wonderful - so after 3 years or so, firefox guys are uninterested in
> the second largest country in the world. How come Konqueror manages it?

Please stop spreading rumours without having checked it for
yourself. konqueror is a fine browser, but Firefox, with Pango
enabled, works. If you really think that there are problems,
did you bother to file a bug report with the distribution in
question?

To the best of my knowledge, Firefox is Pango-enabled on most
new versions of the major Linux distributions, and works just
fine with Indian languages, as Sankarshan for one has pointed
out.

The original poster's problem seem to have been unfounded
(from what I could gather from his follow-up messages, he
seems to have been trying Firefox on Windows by mistake).
If it was a problem on Linux, the most likely culprit would
be fontconfig problems, which should be blamed on the
distribution, and not Firefox.

Regards,
Gora