On Nov 25, 2007 9:33 AM, Anand Shankar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Nov 25, 2007 3:59 AM, Linux Lingam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > dear all,
> >
> > i've got a bluetooth dongle on the usb port of my pc running ubuntu feisty
> > 7.04.
> > i wish to connect it to my Nokia E61i, install some apps, and learn
> > how to sync the contacts list, calendars, and more, from my mobile
> > with ubuntu.
> >

> Try various binaries OR the LiveCD at http://www.kmobiletools.org/

thanks anand for the tip. am downloading the 199MB liveCD from the
BerliOS mirror as the kmobile site is as slow as an elephant drinking
water from a straw.

the kmobile site shows not much update has happened in the past few
months. manpower shortage. so i hope it still has enough smarts to
figure out my phone.

coming back to my desktop though. any clue, anyone, on what's going wrong here?
am sure all of you have mobilephones that you do sync and interact
with over your gnulinux. am not counting the smarter guys who use
linux-based mobilephones.
what are your experiences with using symbian S60 with your desktop
gnulinux? how close is it to the nokia suite experience?

also, any tips on copyleft software for symbian S60 version 3, which
may run on the Nokia E61i?

:-)
niyam