Kazim Zaidi wrote:
> The question still remains unanswered. Has anybody a successful experience
> of deploying a RoR website.

yes

> If so, what server you used? And the hosting?

the largest RoR setup I have been involved in is spread over 10 machines
in a rack hosted at Verio. All the machines are running
CentOS-5/ruby-1.8.5. There are about 60 Mongrel process's that run all
the time, spread over 5 machines, there is a multimaster mysql behind
that, and there is hot failover for pretty much everything. This app
does about a million hits per day +/- 10%

For the smallest RoR deployment, its a small VM at slicehost.

Does that answer some of your questions ?

> or is RoR development not feasible yet?

well, lots of people are using it out there. I dont think there is
really much of a question in it. RoR is very much usable. However, the
people who are doing RoR development are mostly people with extreme
cases of myopic knowledge and are re-inventing everything, in some cases
really messing up things.

So if you do decide to go down that route, you will need to learn and
relearn a lot of stuff, most of which is of no use outside the RoR process.

</opinion>
--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : [EMAIL PROTECTED]