> The question still remains unanswered. Has anybody a successful experience
> of deploying a RoR website.
> If so, what server you used? And the hosting?
> or is RoR development not feasible yet?

I have worked on a couple of RoR projects for some clients. But I never
managed the server myself. One of my client used Textdrive for hosting which
is now Joyent <http://joyent.com/>. At that time they were using  FreeBSD
but recently I have seen on their website that they have switched to
Open-Solaris. For other RoR hosting providers you can have a look at the
wiki <http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/RailsWebHosts> page on
rubyonrails.org.

As far as feasibility is concerned it depends upon the size and complexity
of project. Using rails for small to medium scale projects is of not much
concern. I haven't worked on any large scale project yet so its difficult
for me comment on it.