On 09-Jan-08, at 12:17 PM, Priya Kumar wrote:

> Mr.Gonsalves, do you realize how disgusting it is when you question
> some
> youngster's chances of succeeding in life just because his english
> is a
> certain way ?

thats because I am continually having to reject job applications
written is SMS speak - or written without spellchecking. I work with
mainly people from rural background trying to make a go in the IT
world - and the biggest single obstacle to their growth is lack of
english fluency. And when they make it worse with using sms
terminology, it doesn't help their prospects at all. I regularly
flame them for this and will continue to do so.

> You think you are being funny-- but how would you feel if someone
> made fun
> of your children in a similar manner ?

I periodically yell at/make fun of my kids for things like this. And
if you helped out by making fun of them too - I would be thrilled.

--
regards

Kenneth Gonsalves
Associate, NRC-FOSS