On Thursday 10 Jan 2008, Vikas Rawal wrote:
> > Cost:                       Rs 650
>
> Just for the record, last week I bought it from Nehru Place for
> Rs. 475.

OK, if I'd bought it from anyone except Amit I'd be screaming at him
now.  However I haven't had to spend a single paisa maintaining my
system for the past 3 years thanks to him, so I don't grudge him the
extra cash :)

> It works pretty much straight out of the box. Works fine with
> skype. With Ekiga, there was some lag in the video but I have not
> tested it much.
>
> In fact the driver CD provided with the camera has a penguin printed
> on it and mentioned that linux is supported. I did not see what is
> inside that CD because the camera seemed to work fine without it.

Hmm, I haven't even looked at the CD yet :)  No Skype here, will test
out Ekiga when someone offers a video chat.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/