On Feb 12, 2008 11:18 AM, Ravi Kumar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > No, mails can be sent to anywhere, but when you breach security by
> > sending
> > > mails-attachments(docs) outside the trusted list of domains, then it is
> > > easily filtered by administrator, who can watch in archive for the sent
> > > attachments.
> >
> > Hmm.  And accessing non-work emails like gmail at work ;) ?  Sorry for
> > splitting hairs but the fundamental logic seemed flawed hence these
> > questions to clarify understanding.
> >

> I can't  figure out what's bubbling in your beautiful mind. Please make it
> clear. Where do you doubt, and most prominently how do you doubt, rather
> than saying "the logic seems flawed".

Heh.  I often wonder the utility of trying to limit functionality of a
useful piece of software in the name of policy/security.  I have seen
this being done numerous times in an attempt to appease/impress some
customers or higher management.  IMHO, trying to lock down
features/functionalities only has net impact on the end-user
productivity and just makes people look for ways to outsmart them.  I
am not implying that security should not be paid attention to.  On the
contrary, if there has to be a lockdown, then it should be
comprehensive.

When I see your emails coming from gmail (assuming you were at work at
the time) and this discussion about trying to limit file transfer
features.. it just seems.. contradictory.  No offense to you or your
company but that's just how it seems.

--
Manish