On Sat Apr 12, 2008 at 05:07:15AM +0530, Mani A wrote:
> The problem was with the unfinished Mandriva dvd dowload... I was not
> able to get faster mirrors... so I was looking for completing it with
> Ktorrent. Usually torrents are a bit slow (~100kbps)...but ok anyway.

Yes, you can finish the rest of the download with torrents. You just
need to obtain the torrent file of the same release of the distro either
from Mandriva's website or from linuxtracker.org.
Open the torrent file in your BitTorrent client. When it asks for
location to download, point it to your unfinished download. You won't
have to bother about filename since torrent will adher to it as it's the
same release via HTTP, FTP or torrents. Now the client will check the
download for the existing pieces, discard bad pieces if any and then
continue with the rest of the download.