in infinite wisdom Arindam Ghosh spoke thus  On 04/11/2008 12:51 PM:

> +1....I did the same while downloading Fedora 8. I switched from
> "wget" to "bittorrent-curses" around 3-4 times to get the best
> download speeds possible. It worked pretty well without any hickups.

 From what I have seen, torrent does a sanity check on the data it has
downloaded and resumes from the point where it has left off.  I.e.  the
only state that it sees it the data in the download.  Hence, if the file
you are downloading is exactly the same what the torrent has, the
torrent should be able to start from where wget left off.

This is the theory at least - untested, unverified etc. etc. disclaimers

--
raj shekhar
facts: http://rajshekhar.net | opinions: http://rajshekhar.net/blog