>  Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 17:27:01 +0530 (IST)
 >  From: Shiv <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 >  Hi,
 >  I was not able to access netbanking on ABN Amro Bank's website
using Firefox on Ubuntu.
 >  When I wrote to them, this is the reply I got:-
 >  Dear Mr. Jagannath,

 I got the same stupid response. However, the site works if you give
 the following url(at least till now):

https://netbanking.abnamro.co.in/BANKAWAY?Action.RetUser.Init.001=Y&AppSignonBankId=ABN&AppType=corporate

 This has finally motivated me into closing this account - online if
 possible otherwise the next time I am in Delhi.

 Incidentally, I had an unfortunate irritant with HDFC as well - for
 credit card security code. But they were much more sympathetic though
 I had to use Opera with Mask as IE option to actually register the
 security code.

 Opera in Mask as IE has worked for several other banks but not for
 Bank of India and it did not work for the ABN AMRO's home page either.

 I am worried about the security practices of our financial
 institutions. I registered for online access to a mutual fund. They
 asked for a password, security question, etc... and warned me to to
 keep it confidential. The idiots emailed my password to me! Which
 seems to imply that they are probably storing the password in clear
 text! I am waiting for their feedback to my concern.

 Regards
 Anil