hello ,
       ty pj for the link.
1) my organisational telephonic data (approx 6000
records) is stored in mysql DB

2) my goal is to print the directory in a booklet form

3) the printed directory will contain index pages,
deptt wise phone nos along with designations,
alphabetical list along with residential
address,important phone nos and so forth.

4) i want to write a script which will extract the
records in the above mentioned forma.

5) the printing should not one sided. i have to print
multiple pages in one single sheet of paper along with
proper formatting (precisely 4 nos on A-4 size)

         --------------       --------------
         |            |       |            |
         |            |       |            |
         |  3      24 |       | 23      4  |
         |xxxxxxxxxxxx|       |xxxxxxxxxxxx|
         |  5      26 |       | 25      5  |
          (front side)          (reverse side)
           A4 page                 A4 page
               nos indicate page nos to be printed

such type of printing is required so that the binder
will directly cut along xxx and bind it.
ty