On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 11:48 AM, Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone have suggestions for a router that can do the following?
>
> - Handle 2 providers: one ADSL and one Cable (Ethernet).
>
> - Load balance between the two links.
>
> - Periodically check status of links and switch to one line only if the
> other line goes down.
>
> - Internal stuff like DHCP, etc.
>
> Specific model numbers and your experience would be useful, thanks!

recently we replaced our cisco routers in our LAN with vyatta which is
based on a fork of GNU zebra.  They have excellent documentation and
several kinds of load balancing, as well as many other tricks that can
be done with sophisticated routers are possible.  Our load balancing
is working fine with vyatta.  we are the server image provided at
their site: http://www.vyatta.org/  enjoy!

Nagarjuna