On Tuesday 17 Jun 2008, Angad Singh wrote:
> > If you're earning money as a Sun ambassador or whatever, it's in
> > rather bad taste to be plugging them on a FOSS mailing list,
> > regardless of whether the software you're pushing is FOSS or not.
> >
> > At the very least, add a disclaimer that says that you earn money
> > for plugging Solaris so that there are no ambiguities about your
> > motives.
>
> I don't get it. Why can't I talk about something that I care for just
> because I am in being paid by someone to promote it in my campus. If
> you work for mozilla, you're not allowed to talk about Firefox? If
> you work for RedHat, then you probably shouldn't even be on this
> list, as you're every post about Fedora would be in bad taste, right?

I've yet to see a RH employee (and we do have a few on this list as far
as I know) marketing any of RH's products or services here.  Please
note there's a difference between bringing out a strength of your
company in a specific, relevant context and just going and willy-nilly
plugging your product where there is no context and no relevance.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/