On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 4:28 AM, Sandip Bhattacharya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Right, I would also like to know, that since the application themselves
> are GPLed, is using the trademark argument a mechanism to subvert
> the rights given in the licence itself?

I believe they can if they want to. Again...not a lawyer..yet as per my
understandings a license can be superseded by another license provided they
keep the superseded license intact. Still...would really appreciate an
expert's opinion on this.

I think the Debian folks had a long talk with the Firefox people on
> something similar before going the whole Iceweasel way.

That's interesting! I switched to Debian recently. But hadn't given much of
a thought to this Iceweasel. Digging some more found out some pretty
interesting discussions.

Thanks...
Smruti

--
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
~Walter Bagehot