2008/7/22 Smruti <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> I was going through the EULA of RHEL and found some interesting facts. Here
> is one of them. (A lot of you might have already gone through this. If so,
> will truly appreciate your inputs.)
> *
> ".....This EULA does not permit User to distribute the Programs or their
> components using Red Hat's trademarks, regardless of whether the copy has
> been modified....."

and they have given a trademark license for non commercial
distribution and terms for commercial distribution.

> *Courtesy: Redhat <http://www.redhat.com/licenses/rhel_rha_eula.html>
>
> Now if we give somebody a copy of the RHEL (CD Set, the same way as its
> bought) , I don't know about others, but I clearly think it's a violation of
> this agreement which he or she has already agreed.

From their trademark FAQ
http://www.redhat.com/f/pdf/corp/RH-3573_284204_TM_Gd.pdf

On page 5 second column

"If you are an educational institution, a not-for-profit organization,
a user group, or an individual affiliated with or employed by any of
those organizations, Red Hat grants you a trademark license with
respect to the RED HAT mark for use with the non-commercial
redistribution of Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux(R) in the form you
electronically downloaded it from our FTP site or other authorized
electronic download sites or as copied from an original disk from Red
Hat or its authorized distributors (either from the boxed set or
delivered directly to you by Red Hat or an authorized distributor)."

"We consider non-commercial redistribution to be any distribution for
which you charge no more than the cost of replicating the CD and a
reasonable handling fee."

IANL, but I deduce from the FAQ that if you have a legitimate copy and
you are a member of one of these groups you could distribute it for
the cost of CD and handling.

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍
(as seen on /.)