On Wed, Jul 23, 2008 at 5:29 AM, Praveen A <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> "If you are an educational institution, a not-for-profit organization,
> a user group, or an individual affiliated with or employed by any of
> those organizations, Red Hat grants you a trademark license with
> respect to the RED HAT mark for use with the non-commercial
> redistribution of Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux(R) in the form you
> electronically downloaded it from our FTP site or other authorized
> electronic download sites or as copied from an original disk from Red
> Hat or its authorized distributors (either from the boxed set or
> delivered directly to you by Red Hat or an authorized distributor)."
>
> "We consider non-commercial redistribution to be any distribution for
> which you charge no more than the cost of replicating the CD and a
> reasonable handling fee."

Reasonably convinced.

But if you keep on reading the last line of the Page says;

*"..This permission is not applicable to Red Hat(R) Enterprise Linux(R) or any
Red Hat subscription product."

*Now again I am confused. What do they really want to convey??

IANL,

 Me neither.

> but I deduce from the FAQ that if you have a legitimate copy and
> you are a member of one of these groups you could distribute it for
> the cost of CD and handling.

Ofcourse you can, only after removing all the trademark symbols and not a
copy of the CD set as it is.

Regards
Smruti

--
"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do."
~Walter Bagehot