On Sunday 10 Aug 2008, Linux Lingam wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> > Just what you'd been waiting for -- an online astrology chart
> > generator and (!) prediction maker.
> >
> >  http://etc.kandalaya.org/cgi-bin/astrolog.cgi
> >
> > Please report any problems you face in using it.
>
>  [snip]
>
> immediate feedback:
>
> the interface for 'Your Predictions' can be improved thus:
>
> a) the text is typeset across the entire width of the page. that's a
> lot of reading from extreme left to the extreme right for each single
> line of text. suggest you leave oodles of empty space before and
> after the column, and make this column-width much shorter.

Will try to do that.  However, this only happens if you've maximised
your browser.  Bring it to a regular size and the predictions wrap
nicely and readably.

> b) a repetitive phrase, "Most often this manifests" becomes an
> eye-sore a few seconds after it numbs the brain. try to make the text
> more direct.

That's a feature of the underlying software, and damned if I'm going to
be messing with astrolog at my stage in life :)

> c) the typography of the main text has to be different from that of
> the bottom-section, such as 'privacy policy', 'history', etc.

Can make those sans-serif... will that help?

> perl rocks, the software is quite impressive, indeed.

Er, in case you got the wrong idea, I didn't write the astrology
software, just the interface.  As the page says, the actual chart,
calculations and predictions are done by Astrolog:

  aptitude install astrolog

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

-- Raju