Hello Friend,

I did a mistake :(

I log into ubuntu using the primary user id 'niyaz' (created during
installation).

I was trying virtualbox and on the first run it told me 'niyaz' is not
in vboxusers group.
well, that revelation striked me quite hardly, i guess.
And i fired:
   $ sudo usermod -G vboxusers niyaz

and it transmigrated me to vboxusers.
I lost the sudo power.

In an attempt to rehabilitate 'niyaz'
I booted the system with the Ubuntu live disk,
added 'niyaz ALL=(ALL) ALL' to /etc/sudoers
but it left some challenges for me:

- 'niyaz' can't unlock users-admin (gui tools to manage users) although
users can be added/deleted with useradd/userdel. it exits with error
number 6868.
- similarly 'niyaz' can't unlock services-admin (gui tool to manage
services)
- synaptic package is working fine ('niyaz' is getting authenticated by
it)
- 'niyaz' doesn't have permission to access other auto mounted
partitions.

please suggest me what else i need to do.

Thanks to you all,
Niyaz