On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 23:57:46 +0530
Niyaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> And i fired:
>    $ sudo usermod -G vboxusers niyaz
You forgot the -a (append option ). The -G removed you from every group
except the vboxusers.

> and it transmigrated me to vboxusers.
> I lost the sudo power.
Why you lost the sudo power ? Because you were no longer a member of
the "admin" group. (Read the sudoers file)

My user 'jasbir' on my Ubuntu system is member of the following groups

$ groups
jasbir adm dialout cdrom floppy audio dip video plugdev fuse lpadmin
admin pulse pulse-access

Make sure you are member of admin and your own user group named "niyaz".
For more info regarding the purpose of the various groups
read /usr/share/doc/base-passwd/users-and-groups.*

> In an attempt to rehabilitate 'niyaz'
> I booted the system with the Ubuntu live disk,
> added 'niyaz ALL=(ALL) ALL' to /etc/sudoers

When everything starts to work fine you should remove this line and
check again.
--
Jasbir