On Tue, 2008-08-26 at 23:50 -0700, tennyson kaniampady wrote:
> Hi Friends,
>
> I am a new user to this group/forum.  Can some one tell me "where can I find
> step by step learning material on Linux"....
>
> Thanks
> kmt

Hi,

I am glad you want to learn.
what i always suggest to people:
 1) go to a book shop
 2) collect some books on 'Linux' you find 'attractive'
 3) open those books, try to read a few pages
 4) choose a book you find easy to understand and appeals to you senses.

I have a lovely book, though a bit old, you might like to have a look
at:
        A Practical Guide to Linux
                by   Mark G. Sobell
                published by  Addison-Wesley.

and there are always millions of other linux users who will gladly help
you with any queries.

hope you learn quickly,
niyaz