On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Niyaz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a lovely book, though a bit old, you might like to have a look
> at:
>        A Practical Guide to Linux
>                by   Mark G. Sobell
>                published by  Addison-Wesley.
>
> and there are always millions of other linux users who will gladly help
> you with any queries.

Please do not purchase this book , I do not suggest this book,,
for a beginner of Linux , book should contain

* Part 1
** How to install Linux
* Part 2
** How to use Linux
**** Basics of command (no need for deep learning of vi , shell and other
stuff)
**** Office Use
**** Productivity usage
**** Handon with GUI (KDF , GNOME)

I would better suggest like
** If you are going to use Fedora /Ubuntu
*** go for any of these "Complete reference" type of book
*** http://www.amazon.com/Linux-Complete-Reference-Sixth/dp/007149247X
*** http://www.amazon.com/Fedora-Core-Red-Enterprise-Linux/dp/0071486429/
*** http://www.amazon.com/Ubuntu-Complete-Reference/dp/0071598464/

I have seen many Incomplete user/learner who easily get frustrated with
linux just because they do not know how to learn it,

Normally user install linux box and join some forum and start asking each
and every silly doubts on forums or otherwise they will waste time and
internet bandwidth to search on many useless forum and fix it. many newbies
do not know what exactly is the problem or how to describe problem ,, --
they only say "this is not working,,"

(I am not saying these are bad habbit, But i am advising new bies to spend
money on book and trainig first.)

i have seen that nobody will make a effort will to read books or join
coaching.
dude everything is available in books and very systematically,

unlike BUS or AUTO, Linux is a horse or Yamaha bike, you need to learn it
first. just like ABCD. Best way to get some training from any linux center.

Install Linux,. get good books, and if possible join training or some
certification,
also attend workshops and bring your doubts ,,