Hi,

After 3 stalwart years of service my IBM notebook has finally decided to
give up the ghost, and I'm on the lookout for a new one.  Within those
3 years I realised that my use of the notebook was intermittent at
best, so don't plan to spend that much on the new box.  Currently
looking at the Compaq Presario C797VU (~Rs 35K):
http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/in/en/ho/WF06b/321957-321957-3329742-89318-89318-3466274-3739779.html

In a nutshell, it's a Core2 Duo, 2GB of RAM, widescreen (ugh!) 1280x800
resolution (ugh!), 160GB disk, standard WiFi, Ethernet, DVD writer,
card reader, etc.

Oh, and it comes with FreeDOS installed -- no Winduhs tax.

Anyone have any experience good/bad/ugly with this machine?  Any other
recommendations?

Regards,

-- Raju
--