2008/9/11 Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> On Thursday 11 Sep 2008, Sudev Barar wrote:
>> [snip]
>> How does pgp signature generate hash and is there something out there
>> which could be fed in given text and public key of A to generate hash
>> and compare it with hash appearing on the emaiil copy or C as
>> forwarded by B?
>
> If your mail program supports GPG/PGP (as most modern MUAs do), it will
> verify the hashes and signatures automatically.  You don't need to
> start doing the hashing and verifying the signatures manually.

Yep thunderbird/evolution support and verify signatures and hash
automatically BUT  on mails that are received by me. However in this
scenario I am trying to make verification of message from two sources
that are different. I want to prove that one of them is showing false
output. All I have is original senders public key.

Sudev Barar

PS: I know most of people do not follow email niceties (mostly they
are not aware) but if you follow bottom post/in-line post style of
email conversations it becomes a whole lot easier to carry on
meaningful dialogue and you can snip out what is not meaningful too.
Most people just hit reply button and top post leaving prior message
appended uselessly at bottom. See if you can adopt this style and
persuade others. In case you are already doing this ..... great,
spread the message.