On Thursday 11 Sep 2008, Sudev Barar wrote:
> 2008/9/11 Raj Mathur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > If your mail program supports GPG/PGP (as most modern MUAs do), it
> > will verify the hashes and signatures automatically.  You don't
> > need to start doing the hashing and verifying the signatures
> > manually.
>
> Yep thunderbird/evolution support and verify signatures and hash
> automatically BUT  on mails that are received by me. However in this
> scenario I am trying to make verification of message from two sources
> that are different. I want to prove that one of them is showing false
> output. All I have is original senders public key.

Copy each of the messages into, say, /tmp/msg1.txt and /tmp/msg2.txt .

gpg --verify /tmp/msg1.txt
gpg --verify /tmp/msg2.txt

This will work if the mails are signed inline (signature is part of
mail).  If the mails have a detached signature (as an attachment), then
you'll have to pull out the text and the signature parts into separate
files (msg1, msg1.sig, msg2, msg2.sig e.g.).  Then:

gpg --verify msg1.sig msg1
gpg --verify msg2.sig msg2

or something along those lines.

Regards,