On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 10:24 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> You ask: "which software is best for video-editing" under foss and
> gnu/linux?
>
> answer: video-edit software like kino, cinerella etc are not as
> robust,mature,and friendly or professional like fcp, avids, etc.
> Hence, a few people use the video-edit features of blender3d.but the
> software looks intimidating.
> Gaping-hole of pandav-foss: video-compositing, video-edit, non-linear
> edit, and even dvd-authoring software, that are at par with their
> proprietary kaurava-siblings.
>
> regards
> niyam

Thanks for the kaurava vs pandav thing Niyam. But as long as we have
*Saarathi* like RMS, we shouldn't care.

But I am still awaiting the name of the software. I had been a professional
editor/director for documentary films before joining print. FCP was like
walk in park. Now, having migrated to FOSS, I am looking for something
stable enough to allow me make a 5 minute short film. Please tell which tool
to use with confidence. As you must have used it in your short film project
as you mentioned earleir.

--
Swapnil Bhartiya
http://ybfree.blogspot.com/