On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 9:06 PM, Pradeepto Bhattacharya <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2008/9/23 narendra sisodiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> > * writing software with hindi/bangla keywords in not a useful task and
> will
> > make gap between us.
>
>              What is this gap you are talking about?
>

> > * making software with hindi interrface may be useful to some papulation
> but
> > still they can work with english interface software, provide we have
> given
> > good teaching to them.
>
>              Err? Why? I have met so many Germans, who use only German
> UI. Infact, my very good friend who is on this list even, uses a
> German UI since he learnt some German some months back. In case you
> were not aware,  they even have slightly modified keyboard for their
> umlaut. I have seen Koreans using KDE translated in Korean. I have
> seen Karunkar using Hindi UI, Runa Bangla UI, Kartik using Gujarati
> UI. Ravi blogs only in Hindi afaics. Sri Ramadoss just finished
> translating complete works for RMS in to Tamil. SMC is flighting to
> make sure every bit of computing is done in Malayalam.  Oh and guess
> what - they comprise of people ranging from a student to a farmer. I
> kid you not. KDE 4.1 translation for Malayalam was done by a farmer
> along with many others. You really think, he will tell his family,
> villagers, fellow farmers to use computers in English? Btw, now afaik,
> they are now translating GNOME into Malayalam to make it to the
> impending release.
>

> > * but Making content (in hindi or Hinglish) which tell how to use
> computer
> > as tool will be best for all such Indian,
>
>               Err? What is basis of this statement? I am quite sure
> there are many who can't read/write Hindi. Probably you mean, content
> in local languages, then I am all for it anyway.

Yes, I was focusing that , we should have content creation and tutorials
making in native local language for the English GUI software (like
OpenOffice , firefox) at first priority. Language is not a barrier for them,
barrier is " no body is their for teaching them"

> > And I saw, one desktop manager in hindi,. For working with hidni Deskhop,
> > need to take a hindi to english dictionary . Those Hindi words were very
> > difficult for me and nobody use in common language ..
> > what will you say now, having such localized software is useful??
>
>                But that is your problem. Not the person who knows the
> native language well. As I said, some one somewhere deep in one corner
> of India, appreciates the localised software. And I gave ample
> examples, look around you carefully, you might find more people doing
> the same.

I not 100 % opposing localization, It is targetted to large audience. But it
is not that much important task for which we have to make a openoffice clone
in every language and make a docuentation in each local language, I told we
have limited effort and time.
we*  = anyone who promote foss culture

> > My nephew work mostly on compyter by the help of indentifying icons.. How
> > text matter in the case we are highly addictive to GUI.
>
>                 Who is we here?
>
>                Cheers!
>
> Pradeepto

I am quiting from the talk..Better we can end this talk.
Somehow you are unable to understand what I wanted to say !!
--
┌───[ Narendra Sisodiya ]──────────────┐
│ http://narendra.techfandu.org │