On Sunday 12 Oct 2008, narendra sisodiya wrote:
> [...]

I agree that Knoppix is a wonderful live OS; however I'd be pretty
reluctant to use it as an installed OS for a number of reasons:

- Updates and upgrades used to be a major issue, at least till some time
back.  Upgrading a Knoppix installation was next to impossible (as some
people on this list can testify).  Considering the daily increasing
need for security, having an OS that can't be upgraded is not option.
Of course, things may have changed since the last time I looked at
Knoppix, in which case this becomes a non-issue.

Similarly, installing a package that is not available on the base
Knoppix DVD image could become a major problem.

- Knoppix doesn't give an end user much control over what drivers get
installed and what devices get enabled.  You normally want your
hardware to work out of the box; however

Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/