Hey,

One of my friends bought a Dell Inspiron a few months back and he called up
dell people for the same issue. They said hardware warranty will continue
but there wont be any software support after doing that. Hes now using SUSE
11.0 hassle free.

Regards

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 3:50 PM, Swapnil Bhartiya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Hi friends,
> I just got a shiny new Dell XPS M1330 Laptop. I am amased to see Intrepid
> Ibex running on the machine flawlessly. Every piece of hardware works fine
> -- webcam (with Ekiga) the multimedia touch keys, bluetooth, (I connected
> both of my Nokia N series phones and used flawlessly), even the remote and
> the Bluetooth mouse worked without a glitch.
>
> Now, I did all that with the Live CD. I wanna format the HDD, get rid of
> Vista Permium, and install Ubuntu. My concern is will that void the
> warrantee? I will call up the customer care to check, but was just exited
> share with you the awesome GNU/Linux support this cool machine has.
>
> We can put this machine in the list of fully Free Software compatible  :-)
>
> --
> Swapnil Bhartiya
> http://ybfree.blogspot.com/
> Mobile: 09910956518