> What kinda comp are you using Parijat ? Is it a laptop by any chance ?
> If it's a laptop-- then often, all the USB ports are not USB-2-- sometimes
> in laptops, one or more ports are USB 1 or USB 1.1 -- maybe it's for for
> older USB keyboards, mouse etc OR whatever other reason-- but it may be a
> good idea to first cross-check--- that the port to which you are attaching
> is a USB 2 port.

Its a desktop. I as initially connecting the drive into the front port. That
apparently was 1.0 because even the dmesg dumps indicated that it was
reading it as a low speed device. So I has switched to the ones directly on
the board. The dmesg changed to high speed device but the throughput did not
go up. That's when I posted here.

Still hoping for some help :(

Parijat