On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 1:27 PM, Parijat Garg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Its a desktop. I as initially connecting the drive into the front port. That
> apparently was 1.0 because even the dmesg dumps indicated that it was
> reading it as a low speed device. So I has switched to the ones directly on
> the board. The dmesg changed to high speed device but the throughput did not
> go up. That's when I posted here.
>
> Still hoping for some help :(

In the dmesg, the disk name string "Direct-Access  USB  Flash Disk
V1.1" has V1.1. Is that the USB version representation?

Anyways, have you tried some simple benchmarks?
Perhaps, if you don't care about the data on disk, you could test
time dd if=/dev/zer of=/dev/sdd bs=4K count=128K

This would let you know disk rate without filesystem overheads etc.
Usually, Solid state disks are optimized for FAT.
What are the benchmark numbers of raw disk I/O from other OSs?

Try rmmod ehci_hcd driver, and try and use uhci_hcd..( not sure what I
am trying here. :\  )

--
Goldwyn