Anupam Jain <ajn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let me play the devils advocate here. Why do we care about this
> magazine article? Simply because it doesn't acknowledge GNU/Linux? The
> fact remains that windows machines without antivirus' and firewalls
> ARE insecure and that's all the article states. Granted, the article
> has zero research behind it and entitles the reader to a rant about
> the steady decline of quality in journalism but why are we venting it
> out on a Linux mailing list?

1) Please read the article again and find a trace of where it mentions ONLY
Windows machines are insecure. It says Netbooks are insecure. I assume you
already know that Netbooks came into existence because of Linux and
therefore the article paints an absolutely wrong picture which, from my
point of view, is worth taking notice. Moreover, I saw it as an opportunity
to "touch" some more aspects of FOSS.

2) If discussing about Linux on a Linux mailing list is venting out some
rant, I'm not sure if I'm at the right place. Where should such discussions
happen then? Please direct us to the same.

--
Prakhar Agarwal
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Prakhar