On 17-Apr-09, at 2:55 PM, Shiv wrote:

The airport express card used in most Macbooks uses the Broadcom chipset (which is not well supported in Linux).

I think the Broadcom chipsets used in MacBooks don't work out of the box on Ubuntu but they work flawlessly using madwifi. If you have access to an ethernet connection, or if you have wireless access on another computer you'll be able to download what's necessary to use your card.

But I don't think Niyam is talking about the AirPort Extreme wireless cards. I think he's talking about Apple's little AirPort Express router. Correct me if I'm wrong.
--
Abhishek Nandakumar
http://xabhishek.com