On Thursday 14 May 2009, Anupam Jain wrote:
> [snip]
> On a related note: KDE might not be as stable and smooth as Gnome
> right now but application wise it is showing potential! Installing
> the kdegames package brings in some of the nicest timepass (non FPS)
> games I have seen. One of my laptops is now permanently moved over to
> KDE.

Er, could you change that to: "KDE on Ubuntu might not be as stable and
smooth as Gnome right now"?  I've been using KDE 3.5 on Debian (with
Compiz and all effects!) for donkey's years now, and I can't remember
when I last had a stability or smoothness issue.  OTOH KDE4 is still a
pretty buggy piece of software from all accounts -- for myself, I
actively discourage people from using it.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                r...@kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/