On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 11:00 AM, rajkamal bhardwaj <rk.re...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi. i m new to this mailing list... I m doing Btech from baddi and we have
> group formed by the students in our college to help nurshing hidden talents
> in our college and since many come in our clg from rural areas with low
> computer literacy. I am the student convener of this group i want to break
> the surface of new session by proving quality technical knowlegde and i've
> thought of starting telling new student about paradigms using
> C,C++,java,Scheme and python.
> But i want them to know and appreciate the open source softwares also. Can
> you all tell any ideas to make classes fun and tell them the importance of
> open source and expect them to contribute in this area, Keeping in view
> many
> of them don't  even know how to switch on a computer.
> I need to help them and make them oriented with mordern world.
> Thanks.

Hi Rajkamal,
    I will suggest to start from this -
http://lug-iitd.org/Nice_Linux_Links. A lot of links are their on
page. just click them and read and study them
to understand FOSS and Linux. You can Order Ubuntu Linux CDs/DVDs online
from ubuntu.com in case you do not have sufficient bandwidth. Their are hell
lot of tutorial are their on Internet to learn it. If you face problem in
installing Linux OS, howtoforge website will help you. I do not know where
is Buddi and how far will it be from Delhi. but if it is near, I will love
to visit ! You can start Group study and start teaching eachother for a
quick start.

--
│    Narendra Sisodiya ( नरेन्द्र सिसोदिया )