Hi
   I am rakesh and i am also a BTECH student and i think the way, we
have learnt these stuffs,will be very good. Some stories will be very
helpfull for them.Here i am giving you some links which will avail you
some interesting thing about open source perhaps it may help you.
 www.opensource.org
 www.itpro.co.uk/becta-open-source-and-education
 opensourcemovementindia.wikispaces.com