At the moment each book is just showing content pages. And the devanagri fonts
need some ironing out still.

All the chapters are available. The idiot who designed the setup doesn't
realize how broken it is.

Each of the book links gives you a PDF with the contents, right? Open
this PDF in evince. For each of the chapters, copy the chapter link from
the content and paste it after the domain name.

The person who created this assumed that the browser would open the PDF
embedded and the absolute URIs (without the hostname) would probably open correctly. I can almost see the minister standing beside this guy nodding while he gleefully clicks on the contents page on his computer to get to the other chapters.

e.g. class XII maths 1
1. Download content.pdf and open in evince.
2. Copy the link of first chapter:
   /book_publishing/NEW BOOK 2007/class12/PDF Class12 math I/Relations and
Functions ch 1.pdf
3. Paste it in the browser after http://www.ncert.nic.in so that the
full URL becomes http://www.ncert.nic.in/book_publishing/NEW BOOK 2007/class12/PDF Class12 math I/Relations and Functions ch 1.pdf (Don't click on the link above. Use copy-paste. Spaces are not escaped)

- Sandip

--
Sandip Bhattacharya
http://blog.sandipb.net