On Sunday 16 Aug 2009, Karanbir Singh wrote:
> the present linux.in is parked with an obvious mass registration
> parking service. going by the registry.in INDRP, it should be
> possible to speak with them and under their section 4.ii be able to
> request transfer away from the present owner to something / somewhere
> more apt.
>
> Firstly, is there any interest in pursuing this ? I can see there is
> value in having linux.in be relevant. On the other hand, what would
> be a good 'holding' outfit, a foundation perhaps, for this domain ?

It will only work if enough people step forward to maintain the web site
after we retrieve it.  What is more likely is that we'll end up with
what happened to linux-india.org, which was supposed to be a community
maintained site but got no support at all from the community (after the
same community had vociferously asked for control), and is now a burnt-
out shell.

How about we restart with linux-india.org (I can put up a wordpress or a
drupal there) and see, over a period of 6 months or so, whether the
community is actually capable of maintaining it or not?  If we are, we
can start moving the process to retrieve linux.in too.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                r...@kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/