On 08/17/2009 05:59 AM, Raj Mathur wrote:
How about we restart with linux-india.org (I can put up a wordpress or a
drupal there) and see, over a period of 6 months or so, whether the
community is actually capable of maintaining it or not?  If we are, we
can start moving the process to retrieve linux.in too.

Sounds like a good idea. If anything is needed infrastructure wise, I could help. Beyond that, I think it might be worthwhile putting down some points as to what the target should / could be. There are a few people offering to help with content as well, if there is some direction we could have people take over responsibility for different things.

One thing that I would love to see is a newsletter or a summary of 'stuff' linux related, perhaps done monthly. Another would be a directory of regional resources that new linux users could be pointed at. Perhaps a 'blog' like resource that allows people to post articles into, and a wiki would be good ( for things like howto get online with the various isps' in the country, configs and other tips etc ).

Even if we can get 10 - 12 people, contributing an hour or so per week, there is much that can be done :)

--
Karanbir Singh : http://www.karan.org/  : 2522...@icq