On Wednesday 02 Dec 2009, Amit Sharma wrote:

> Same Script is able to successfully transfer (FTP) 40GB data when run
> as user root in command prompt. When same script is scheduled in cron
> for 2345 hrs (weekly), script runs and transfer say 18GB of data and
> terminates with error
>
> 426 Connection closed; Not Enough Disk Space. Aborting..
>
> Hope this clarifies the issue.

Not really, the error message is clear enough saying the fs is out of
space :(.  Perhaps there is some other job (on the ftp server) that
comes by and cleans up the fs and when you try it manually, voila there
is enough space and your file transfer succeeds!

I suggest that you discuss the issue with the sys admin of the ftp
server that your connecting to (seriously) before banging your head on
your script :D

I also suggest that you disable your cron for one week and run the
script manually @ 23:45 hours on the day that is programmed in your
cron settings and see if you get fs full error.

-- Arun Khan