On 03/24/2010 10:02 PM, Ravi Kumar wrote:
If we use tempfs, we are keeping just copies of static content in memory
- one sure wastage of precious memory.

erm, no - you seem confused about exactly how fs cache and tmpfs works.

Assuming (and probably its fact), when your site gets popularity,  your
Static Media content collection will become huge with the time. So, I
don't think, tempfs should really be in scene.

thats again completely wrong.

even extremely popular sites like smugmug or twitter have just a few Megs of static content.

besides if you are getting over a million hits/hour - I am sure you can afford a decent sysadmin and a few more machines. If not, you are doing it wrong :)

- KB