On 03/26/2010 03:13 AM, Gehani, Gaurav <gauravforyou...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
I actually wanted to know if it is possible or not, though I tried a lot on
google but didnt gt any fruitful result.
What usually happens is that I have my laptop connected through ethernet and
internet through MOBILE PHONE modem.
That means I have two global IP's
but the problem is that each application will use only the one which was
acquired first.

It is a similar case where in, let's say you have two broadband connections and two network cards. You can only use one at a time as the default route, as in

route -n

will show only one gateway for 0.0.0.0. The dirty workaround that I used was, to explicitly specify in the routing table which gateway to use for a particular IP address (or range). An example

route add -host 202.54.15.30 gw 10.10.0.1

You can use -net as well, and provide the device address instead of the IP of the gateway. In any case, this is not the desired scenario. If you are able to find out a better way, please share on this list as well.

Regards
Vivek Kapoor
http://exain.com