On 04/13/2010 11:47 AM, Raj Mathur <r...@linux-delhi.org> wrote:
<snip>
Anyone know of a decent stand that will allow me to rotate a monitor 90 degrees? Any recommendations on high-res (1600x1200 or greater) 21" monitors? As a last resort 1920x1080 is fine too, I guess, though that leaves the horizontal resolution a bit low.

I had also searched a lot, but only the cheapo monitors are available in Nehru Place and no 1600x1200 is available. They refer to it as "square" monitors and say that they've stopped coming long time back as all prefer wide screen ones. I say, did they ever get a choice?

As a last resort I went to Dell site. They gave me a quote of Rs. 21000 for a 21" 1600x1200 monitor. Not sure if they still sell it.

As an aside, monitors designed only to view HD movies suck big-time. Don't coders and techies use monitors anymore?

Totally agree on this. I didn't know making a higher vertical resolution was more expensive (and cumbersome?) than higher horizontal resolution. I have stuck to my 17" 1280x1024 screen - atleast it's bigger than 1440x900 and marginally smaller than 1920x1080.

Thanks
Vivek Kapoor
http://exain.com