The best part about Android is that every single element that you store on
your phone, is backed up on the cloud itself, on Google's servers. That goes
for calendar entries, contacts, and emails.

Now we are left with call logs, text messages, and apps.

If you go to the downloaded section of Market, you should find all your
purchased apps listed there, waiting for you to download, in case you are on
a new phone, or recently flashed/factory reset your mobile phone.

As for the call logs and sms backups, you can use *Call log backup* and *SMS
backup* apps to backup up all the data in your SD card itself.

On the other hand, there is a all-in-one backup app called Titanium Backup
which works wonders. The paid version is absolutely worth it and costs about
Rs 250. However, the free version should be good enough for you to get a
feel of it.

Regards,

*Blog:* http://shayonpal.com
*Twitter:* @shayonpal <http://twitter.com/shayonpal>