2010/12/21 Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) <r...@linux-delhi.org>:
[...]
> Is that mandatory?  If Android forces me to store my contact data on
> Google's servers, well, include me out -- Meego suddenly looks so much
> better!
[...]

Thankfully, it does not force you to sync to Google's servers, and I am
constantly surprised about how blithely people are willing to share their
personal data. I guess that the regular reminders via spam from Orkut,
etc., to this mailing list are not enough warning for some that companies
do, and will make unethical use of such data.

Sadly, I think that Meego is going nowhere: Too little, too late. The
OpenMoko community is still somewhat active though, and there is
always hope that someone might revive hardware for it.

Regards,
Gora