On Mon, Dec 20, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Mahesh T. Pai <paiva...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> How do you take backups of the address book / call logs / SMSes / apps
> on your Android phone?

I am syncing my address book with GMail. It is a pain to begin with
but after you organise it neatly in the beginning, it works nicely.
Atleast it is for me.

For backing up call logs and SMS's, I am using SMS Backup+ which
stores it as emails in GMail, applies labels and archives them.

For backing up apps, there is Titanium Backup. But, you will need to
root your phone. Also, free version has a limitation that you manually
have to restore one app at a time. Pro version isn't that expensive
though, it costs ~Rs 268.

> Does maker / brand make any difference here?

Not for the above methods.

> I want actual experiences please. And my place is exclusive GNU/Linux,
> so sotware on the PC has to be FLOSS, preferably in Debian main.

I have not tried using any PC apps as yet.

--
With Regards,
Mehul Ved